ALL VETERANS IN VA HEALTH CARE PLEASE READBeginning on June 8, 2020 the emergency hospital notification process for VA Nationwide will change. The decision of whether a Veteran’s emergency hospital visit is being paid for by the VA will no longer be made at the facility level. All 72-hour notifications and emergency hospital visit eligibility decisions will be processed through one centralized location, the Community Care Centralized Call Center.
New Emergency Hospital Notification Process (for Veteran’s Who Self-Present to a Community ER)
PLEASE NOTE THESE IMPORTANT CHANGES:
1) Veterans and/or Facilities notify the new Community Care Centralized Authorization Call Center to notify the VA of a Veteran receiving Emergency Room care.
2) 72-hour notifications are not communicated to the facility Transfer Center.
3) The Emergency Hospital Notification Treatment note will not be completed by VA staff.
4) VA facilities do not enter a community care emergency department consult for Veterans who self-present to a Community Emergency Room.
5) Authorizations for Veterans who self-present for community Emergency care will be managed by the new Centralized Authorized Emergency Care team.
COMMUNITY CARE CENTRALIZED CALL CENTER
Phone: 1-844-72HRVHA or (1- 844-724-7842)
Fax (VA Only): 1-833-72HRVHA or (1-833-724-7842)
INFORMATION THAT MUST BE PROVIDED TO THE CALL CENTER:
1. Full Name of Veteran
2. Date of Birth
3. Full Social Security Number
4. Hospital Name and address
5. Date presented to Facility
6. Reason for Visit
7. Point of Contact Name and Number