VETERANS FINANCIAL AID
Financial Assistance is provided for basic living needs. It is to provide Temporary financial assistance to those who will make a conscientious effort to find a permanent solution to their financial problems.
Clients must be residents of Fairfield County, Ohio and the assistance is only primarily for basic living needs.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Proof of dependency- Marriage certificate and birth certificates of minor children.
- If working - Income statement, check stubs for the last 30 days.
- Proof of length and character of service- DD214 or discharge. Must be discharged under Honorable conditions and served on active duty for other than training purposes
- If unemployed - You must be registered with Ohio Job & Family Services and proof that you are seeking employment.
- If disabled - You must have disability statement from doctor, or Social Security.
- If retired- Social Security and /or pension statements.
- You must declare all assets - Current bank statements, checking, savings, CD’s etc.
- Proof of basic monthly living expenses.
- Payment requests - bills to be submitted, rent (bring rental contract), mortgage, etc. (All bills must be past due)
- While it is required that the bills are past due, do not wait until they are shut off; we do not pay re-connect fees.
Veteran Service Office
3044 Columbus-Lancaster Rd.
Lancaster, Ohio 43130 (map)
8:00am - 4:00pm
Meeting are held:
1st and 3rd Wednesdays
Monthly at 3:00pm
Ohio Department of
Advisory Committee on
77 South High Street; 7th Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Ohio Department of Veterans Services (ODVS)
VA Benefits Fact Sheets